Friday, October 30, 2009

edm #3: Draw a purse, wallet or bag

My wife's new red leather bag is much more interesting than my worn out old black wallet, I'm sure you will agree. What I, and most men, don't understand though is the need of such a monster bag when simply going to the movies, the grocery store, the gas station.

It's a mystery of significant dimension.

How do we go these places, guys, with only a small leather wallet in our hip pockets and still come out without major incident - like the women intimate when they are without their purses, or bags?

ink, watercolor, sketchbook

8 comments:

  1. great job..well, it's no mystery that such a bag is ready for about any emergency---but the feeling of the hip pocket freedom is one I love, too. Winna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definetly - so much more hidden in its depths. You've captured the fullness perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty difficult to get a comment through for me today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Admirable goal you have here, Jim. And I'll bet you're just the one who can do it. I'm looking forward to the rest of your drawings, these are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I wish I had a nickel for every time my husband has asked me to carry something for him in my purse; or the time we fixed the van with the paper clip that was in the bottom of my bag.

    Lovely sketch.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to following this project with you - great start - fun drawings and descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketches and good luck on starting the challenges again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really a great sketch of an interesting bag. It must hold treasures, I can almost feel its weight!

    ReplyDelete